Monday, September 1, 2014

Children's Moment: Cavender's . . O taste and see that the Lord is good!



Good morning!  Has everyone had a good weekend?  Happy Father’s Day to the Dad’s out there!

Does anyone know what this is?  This is Cavender’s “special” seasoning.  Has anyone ever tasted this before?  Well, let me tell you a little story.

When I moved away from Arkansas to live in Washington state MANY years ago, I realized something horrible during one of my first grocery shopping trips.  Do you know what it was?  I realized that I could not buy Cavender’s seasoning in any store where I lived.  I searched specialty markets and grocery stores.  Couldn’t find even a single bottle!  I was soooo frustrated!  I called up my mom and had her send me a case of this “special seasoning”.

This seasoning made my potatoes taste better and my steaks more flavorful and my veggies just down right delicious.  I always had people ask me what my secret was to my awesome opossum oven roasted potatoes and when I would share my secret I would also share a bottle of this special seasoning.  I just couldn’t imagine my life without this fantastic seasoning.  It has made me a superstar at potlucks and family gatherings and with my kiddos.

This special seasoning reminds me of our relationship with God.  Without God we are just people without a true cause.  When we add God into our lives, we are like deliciously seasoned and flavorful roasted potatoes.  We become wonderful to those around us.  Do you know what it takes to have God in your life?  All you have to do is ask.  Ask God to make you more awesome today than yesterday and ask him to season your life with good things so others can see His goodness.

Psalm 34:8 states, O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

I encourage you today to trust God and know his goodness.


Let us pray: Dear God, thank you for this beautiful day.  Thank you for letting us worship in your house today.  Thank you for all that you provide.    It’s in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment