Monday, September 1, 2014

Children's Moment: Love HIM Like You Want to be Loved


Do you know someone that loves you?  How do you know they love you?
Do they make you dinner?  Wash your clothes? Take you places?

Last night Adam took me on a date.  He opened the doors for me, prayed over our dinner, gave me a good hug and kiss and told me he loved me during our date.  We had a wonderful time.  While sitting in the restaurant we were sitting between two couples and we got to listen to both couples since they were both very vocal. 

The first couple didn’t say much to each other unless the husband needed something.  When he needed something he would say “Woman, go get me a spoon” or “go get me a bowl of jello”.  He didn’t say please or thank you and the wife never said a word, just did what she was told, but she looked sad and tired. 

The second couple were quite a bit different.  All during dinner the husband kept telling his wife “Honey, I love you.  You are such a good partner.  You are so beautiful.  Thank you so much for choosing me.”  Without a word, the wife would fix him a plate, cut up his food and even wiped her husband’s chin when he spilled sweet and sour sauce out of his mouth.  She did all of these things lovingly and even got up out of her seat several times to give him a kiss on the cheek and a quick hug and would whisper in his ear “I love you”.

These couples reminded me a lot about our relationship with God.  God loves us, but do we tell Him how much we love him or do we just talk to God when we need something like the first couple?  Be kind with your words to God, praise Him all the time not only through our actions but also in our words. Psalm 150:6 states Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.  Praise the LORD.

Can you think of words to praise the Lord?  How about “I love you Lord”, “You are my rock”, “You are awesome”.

Make sure to take time this week to praise the Lord, not just by your actions but also by your words.

Let’s pray.  Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for being such a wonderful friend.  You are the best.  You are magnificent.  We love you and praise you forever and ever.  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment