Monday, September 1, 2014

Children's Moment: On my knees in the tomato patch


Good morning!  Has everyone had a good weekend?  Anything exciting going on?

Yesterday while I was on my hands and knees planting tomato plants, I was thinking about how busy everyone is these days.  With Mother’s Day, Graduation, Crawdad Days, end of school year field trips and events, Memorial Day is approaching and yes, the end of the school year.  Mr. Ladd and I also just celebrated our 10th anniversary.  Needless to say, with all of the “stuff” going on plus all of our normal day-to-day tasks like cleaning house, cooking dinners, getting all of our crops planted, and working our full-time jobs, I get to feeling overwhelmed.  My focus is not really what it should be.  Do you know what focus is?  It’s the center of somebody’s interests or activities.  In other words, it’s what is most important to that person at that time.

During this time of the year, I find myself skipping church so I can travel and see my mom for Mother’s day or traveling with Ladd for our anniversary.  I also find myself skipping my morning Bible reading time so I can get 20 more minutes of sleep.  And I find myself praying in the car on the way to work because I didn’t take time at home to spend in prayer with God.

So yesterday, while I was thinking about all of these things, I was reminded of a simple truth from Psalm 119:105  Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

When I quit focusing on God and His word and truth and start relying upon myself, I lose my path.  I start feeling overwhelmed and lost. 

It is good to be in God’s house today.  It is good to spend time reading God’s word.  It is good to spend time in prayer with God.  I just wanted to remind you of that this morning.  I know you have big plans of summer fun ahead, but make sure you take time to include God in all the fun.


Let us pray: Dear God, thank you for this beautiful day.  Thank you for letting us worship in your house today.  Thank you for all that you provide.    It’s in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment